In the next year I hope to feature 12 UK based projects or people tackling the growing problems of plastic abuse.
- Vegware award winning makers of compostable disposables
- Ecothrifty is, (along with numerous other fantastic eco- challenges), is cutting her plastic consumption and getting ready for plastic free July.
- Hisbe are helping those who want to be plastic free by selling products loose and unpackaged
- Willian Gubbins and the boys are illustrating the problems of plastic pollution via this witty project and webpage because Everything You Buy Is Rubbish
- Ecotales film makers, bird builders, and educators. They are currently putting together a book of anti-plastic poems written by children with an introduction written by David Attenborough.
- Natracare who provide ladies with organic and plastic free menstrual products. Thank you!
- Bag a Surf – tracking world-wide rubbish. You pick it, he pins it.
- Rae Straus of Zero Waste and organiser of the Zero waste week. She appeared alongside Jeremy Irons in the film Trashed.
And there’s more – you can see a full list of all contributors here
If you have a project you think should be included, do this.
Don’t have a project? You can show support by liking us on Facebook