In the next year I hope to feature 12 UK based projects or people tackling the growing problems of plastic abuse. I already have SEVEN!!!!
- Ecothrifty is, (along with numerous other fantastic eco- challenges), is cutting her plastic consumption and getting ready for plastic free July.
- Hisbe are helping those who want to be plastic free by selling products loose and unpackaged
- Willian Gubbins and the boys are illustrating the problems of plastic pollution via this witty project and webpage because Everything You Buy Is Rubbish
- Ecotales film makers, bird builders, and educators. They are currently putting together a book of anti-plastic poems written by children with an introduction written by David Attenborough.
- Natracare who provide ladies with organic and plastic free menstrual products. Thank you!
- Bag a Surf – tracking world-wide rubbish. You pick it, he pins it.
- Rae Straus of Zero Waste and organiser of the Zero waste week. She appeared alongside Jeremy Irons in the film Trashed.
award winning makers of compostable disposables
If you have a project you think should be included, do this.
And of course a big thanks to all the team buddies who put their names to the prototype project and helped it get the directory off the ground
- Plastic is rubbish – boycotting plastic, finding alternatives. One of the first plastic free blogs out there and years later they have amassed an impressive list of plastic free alternatives to everyday products
- Karen Cannard columnist, broadcaster & creator of influential Rubbish Diet. She will help you to get your bin in shape.
- Cofo produce bags creators of delightfully stylish reusable cotton produce bags.
- Global Ocean. A charity that raises awareness about plastic pollution and designs teachers aids
- Give Me Tap – water bottle, water refill & water aid. Edwin Broni-Mensah the founder of the scheme was named by GQ as one of the next young men to influence the next 25 years.
- Ecoforce, recycled plastic cleaning products. Giving new life to plastic trash.
- Mandy Barker is photographing trash and raising awareness in Hong Kong amongst other projects.
- Jo Atherton is weaving with marine flotsam and exhibiting worldwide.